The Ohio University School of Nursing RN to BSN program is designed especially for registered nurses (RNs) who want to further their education and advance their career by earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). We realize that nurses juggle multiple demands — career, family and classes — and carving out time to drive to campus and sit for a lecture can be a challenge. The online RN to BSN program provides flexibility to earn a valuable degree through anytime, anywhere learning.
Program Admission Requirements
- Applicants must be a graduate of an approved program (or its equivalent) that prepares individuals to sit for the registered nurse licensing exam (NCLEX-RN) and be a resident of one of the Ohio University authorized states. Check undergraduate admissions website or call the School of Nursing for a list of current approved states.
- Students must have completed the equivalent of ENG 1510 to be admitted to the major. Otherwise, students will be reviewed for the pre-major.
- Combined 2.0 gpa from all prior college-level coursework.
- Official transcripts sent directly to Ohio University from all colleges and universities you have attended.
To apply to this Partnership degree, follow the steps below:
- Complete an Online Application
- Pay the $25 non-refundable application fee (due at time of application). Transfer students needing assistance paying the application fee and are Pell eligible can apply for the NACAC Transfer Application Fee Waiver.
- Request all colleges and universities that you have attended to send official transcripts directly to Ohio University
- Once your materials are in, you can monitor the progress of your application by checking your MyOHIO Student Center. You can learn more about how to check your application status through this link.
- You will then schedule an advising appointment with your assigned Ohio University academic advisor.
Submit all college-level transcripts to:
1 Ohio University
120 Chubb Hall
Athens, OH 45701