The University of Akron Logo

Bachelor of Organizational Supervision (2 + 2)

The Bachelor’s in Organizational Supervision offers individuals with an applied associate degree  the opportunity to advance in their careers.

The major consists of 11 courses at the junior/senior level. In addition, students will need to complete the University’s general education requirements including Economics and Psychology, social science courses. Core courses in organizational supervision focus on:

  • Effective leadership
  • Workplace communications
  • Project team management

This baccalaureate program is designed specifically for students with a two year degree whether it is an associate’s degree (AA or AS) or any applied degree (AAB or AAS).  


University of Akron Website – Organizational Supervision


Jobs and Salary


Parallel LCCC Programs

Any Associate’s degree (AA or AS) or any Applied associate degree (AAB or AAS)

Curriculum Pathway Bachelor of Organizational Supervision 

Admission Requirements

  • Application can be initiated during the semester in which 60 semester hours will be earned
  • Students should have completed or have in progress their required Bridgework courses based on the major they are selecting
  • Be in good standing at the previously attended school with a 2.0 gpa


Application Procedures

To apply to the Partnership with Akron, follow the steps below:

  1. Complete an online University of Akron undergraduate application 
  2. Apply as a Transfer Student and select the partnership major that begins with “Lorain CCC“.
  3. Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee. (Waived summer 2022 & Fall 2022). If you are Pell eligible and need assistance with the fee, please apply for the NACAC Transfer Application fee waiver.  The download form is included within the link.
  4. Request all colleges and universities to send an official transcript directly to the University of Akron Admissions.
  5. Once your materials are in, check your email for an admission decision.
  6. You will then schedule an advising appointment with your assigned Akron academic advisor.
  7. Not required, however the Transfer New Student Orientation link  is available for resources and support services.


Registration and Scheduling Information

  • Registration in University of Akron courses is limited to those accepted into the partnership programs.  You will work with your assigned adviser to complete registration in the course offerings each semester using your My Akron
  • Some courses may only be offered once per year, please work with your UA adviser to determine class selection
  • We would encourage you to work with an LCCC Adviser to receive assistance in registration of any LCCC courses you continue to take in the program i.e. General Education Courses

Tuition/Fee information:

  • Students taking courses thru both UA and LCCC will need to complete AdHoc Consortium agreement along with a transient permission form. Your adviser will assist you in this process each semester
  • All fees are subject to change, please contact our Office of Student Financial Aid or Student Accounts


How do I know if I am in the University Partnership?  

How do I know if I am in the University Partnership?

  • You are following the UP Curriculum Pathway from the associate to the bachelor’s degree.
    • For 2:2 degrees, you have been admitted to the partner institution and have registered for your first classes the upcoming semester, 3rd year of partner classes.  The first day of the 3rd year class, you are officially a UP student.
    • For 3:1 degrees, you are a UP student if you are registered for the 3rd year in either bridgework LCCC classes or UP partner classes. You may not be necessarily admitted with the UP partner just yet.  The first day of the 3rd year of UP or LCCC bridgework class, you are officially a UP student.
  • UP Office will use the email address your partner institution shares with us, which is once a semester, to email out a reminder to you about the UP program supports and services.
  • If you are unsure if you are in the UP, you are welcome to email or call the UP Office to verify your status.

How do I show proof I am a UP student to receive benefits and supports offered at LCCC

  • Go to the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of the LCCC Bass Library  (440) 366-4026.
  • Show your class registration for UP classes with the partner institution or LCCC bridgework classes.
  • Bass Library staff will place a color coded sticker on the back of your LCCC or partner institution ID card.  If you have no LCCC or UP ID card, a UP ID card will be issued to you.
  • You will need to get a new sticker (date specific) each semester that you are registered for UP partner classes.
  • An ID card is not required but would be needed if you are seeking benefits and supports at LCCC while in the partnership.
  • Supports and services are for Elyria Campus and the Learning Centers (Community Learning  Center at Lorain High School, Lorain Learning Center at City Center, LCCC Wellington Center, and University Partnership Ridge Campus).


For More Information

Prospective Students 
Olivia Rado
(330) 972-6624

For Admitted Students
Julia E. Oliver (student last names A – K) 

Lindsay Puz (student last names L-Z)