Many companies in Ohio and nationwide are providing career opportunities for highly trained professionals in the field of software development – positions filled by graduates of The University of Akron’s bachelor of science in computer information systems, programming option. Companies want and need technically qualified people to help them compete at the highest possible levels of quality and productivity in today’s extremely competitive world marketplace.
Parallel LCCC Program
Enrollment in this program is open students who have completed or are completing the Parallel program listed above.
To apply to the Akron partnership, follow the steps below:
- Complete an online University of Akron undergraduate application.
- Apply as a Transfer Student and select the partnership major that begins with “Lorain CCC“.
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee. If you are Pell eligible and need assistance with the fee, please apply for the NACAC Transfer Application fee waiver.
- Request all colleges and universities to send an official transcript directly to the University of Akron Admissions.
- Once your materials are in, check your email for an admission decision.
- You will then schedule an advising appointment with your assigned Akron academic advisor.
Registration and Scheduling Information
Courses offered as part of this program are offered in a sequence that must be followed by students. New students are welcome to enroll at anytime. The University of Akron advisor for the Computer Information Systems, Programming Option contact details are below:
Ms Sara Hoge