Bachelor of Science in Education (2 + 2)
- Primary Grades/Intervention Dual Program (Pre K-5)
- Middle Childhood Licensure (Grades 4-9)
- K-12 Intervention Specialist Mild/Moderate/Intensive
The Ashland education program is based on current research, effective practice and dynamic collaborative relationships among Ashland faculty, pre-K through 12th-grade teachers and administrators. The program is implemented through diverse experiences in university classes, field/clinical experiences, model sites and professional development centers. Ashland University believes that a professional educator is a reflective practitioner who links practice with theory in the following ways: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with all members of the educational community; Communicates clearly and effectively through a variety of means; Demonstrates understanding of human development, cultural diversity, socio-economic influences and learning differences, thereby enabling all children to learn and contribute; Employs research in areas such as learning theory and instructional methodology; Uses a variety of appropriate assessment techniques to enhance learning; Masters appropriate disciplines so as to engage students in meaningful, active academic study; Integrates educational technology in the teaching and learning process; Assumes the lifelong responsibility to grow academically, professionally and personally.
Parallel LCCC Programs
- Associate of Arts Degree
- Associate of Applied Science in Early Childhood Education (Additional bridge courses may be required)
- Students should apply during their final semester at LCCC
- Credits will be accepted for transfer from an accredited college or university if grade earned is a C- better
- High School diploma/transcript only required if applicant has fewer that 30 credit hours earned
- 2.25 GPA for admission to Ashland University and a 2.5 GPA for admission to Teacher Education
- Registration for fields and field blocked courses require passing test scores
To apply to the Partnership, follow the steps below:
- Complete an online application. No application fee required for undergraduate transfer admissions. Please indicate on the application you are a transfer student under “Domestic Undergraduate Application for Admission. Select one of the majors offered in Elyria and that center location.
- $300 enrollment deposit is waived for all UP transfer students. Do not pay this deposit. For questions or if you were charged, email email@example.com
- Request all colleges that you have attended to send official transcripts directly to Ashland University Registrar. An official high school transcript if required only if you are transferring in less than 30 credit hours.
- Once your materials are in, check your email for an admission decision.
- Once admitted, arrange for an academic advising appointment with your Ashland advisor.
How do I know if I am in the University Partnership?
- You are following the UP Curriculum Pathway from the associate to the bachelor’s degree.
- For 2:2 degrees, you have been admitted to the partner institution and have registered for your first classes the upcoming semester, 3rd year of partner classes. The first day of the 3rd year class, you are officially a UP student.
- For 3:1 degrees, you are a UP student if you are registered for the 3rd year in either bridgework LCCC classes or UP partner classes. You may not be necessarily admitted with the UP partner just yet. The first day of the 3rd year of UP or LCCC bridgework class, you are officially a UP student.
- UP Office will use the email address your partner institution shares with us, which is once a semester, to email out a reminder to you about the UP program supports and services.
- If you are unsure if you are in the UP, you are welcome to email or call the UP Office to verify your status.
- (440) 366-4949
How do I show proof I am a UP student to receive benefits and supports offered at LCCC
- Go to the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of the LCCC Bass Library (440) 366-4026.
- Show your class registration for UP classes with the partner institution or LCCC bridgework classes.
- Bass Library staff will place a color coded sticker on the back of your LCCC or partner institution ID card. If you have no LCCC or UP ID card, a UP ID card will be issued to you.
- You will need to get a new sticker (date specific) each semester that you are registered for UP partner classes.
- An ID card is not required but would be needed if you are seeking benefits and supports at LCCC while in the partnership.
- Supports and services are for Elyria Campus and the Learning Centers (Community Learning Center at Lorain High School, Lorain Learning Center at City Center, LCCC Wellington Center, and University Partnership Ridge Campus).
For More Information
Registration and Scheduling Information
For registration or scheduling questions, please email your Ashland Academic Advisor. The advisor contact details will be located on Ashland University’s website and selecting MyAU and clicking the “Self Service” student portal.
All fees are subject to change. For a break down of the semester hour tuition and fees for partnership students, please review the link titled Non-Traditional Undergraduate Division of Adult Studies Tuition. For questions, contact the Ashland Student Accounts Office at 800-882-1548 or (419) 289-5022. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.