The School of Sport Science and Wellness Education is housed within the College of Health Professions. The exercise science program prepares students for a variety of careers in health and fitness instruction, wellness, personal training, strength and conditioning, and cardiac rehabilitation.
Parallel LCCC Program
Students wishing to enroll in the Exercise Science partnership should have completed the LCCC Associate of Applied Science in Sports and Fitness Management. Students must have earned a minimum of 2.5 overall GPA, a minimum 2.5 GPA in Exercise Science, and earn a grade of “C” or better in all required courses.
The following courses must be taken at LCCC prior to applying to the UA program.
- HPED 156 Health & Wellness
- HPED 274 Kinesiology
- HPED 173 Biomechanics/Resistance Training
- HLED 153 First Aid & Safety
- HPED 151 Phys. Ed for the School Age Child
- HPED 265 Prevent/Care of sports Injury
- HPED 272 Exercise Physiology II
- BIOG 153 Basic Human Nutrition
- PEWL 151 186, 188 or 189, PEFT 151 Stress Management, Yoga, Meditation, Tai Chi, or Lifetime Fitness
- HPED 278 Cert. Prep Course
- HPED 162 Fundamentals Sports Fitness Man
- HPED 222 Fund. of Strength and conditioning
- AHLN110 Medical Terminology
- HLED 221 Health Promotion and Behavior Change
- HPED 261 Exercise Physiology I
- HPED 166 Group Exercise Instructor
- HLED 181 Nutrition & Weight Mgmt
- HPED 172 Exercise for Special Populations
- HPED 285 Practicum & Seminar
- HPED 277 Measure & Evaluation
- Submit a University of Akron undergraduate application online
- Include a $50 application fee. This is a one-time fee. If you have previously paid this fee, you do not need to pay again.
Please contact Joan Ogg at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.