Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Biology (3 + 1)
This baccalaureate degree program is designed to provide the training in the major areas of biology while allowing sufficient flexibility to accommodate the specific interests of individual students. All majors are required to take the biology core plus genetics. The degree program requires a student to take at least one course in each of three major areas: biology of organisms; ecology, evolution and behavior; cell and regulatory biology. Additional courses allow the student to be exposed to the broad spectrum of biology through an array of advanced courses. The degree program, with some modifications, also allows students to meet the course requirements for pre-professional (medical, dental, veterinary) graduate study.
The program is based on a cohort model, where students follow a set of courses beginning in year one and progress through the program together. Approximately three-fourths of the courses are LCCC courses with the remaining hours being offered by BGSU. Students need a minimum of 30 semester hours of BGSU courses to graduate, most at the 3000 and 4000 levels, primarily in the sciences.
Parallel LCCC Program
Associate of Science
Students who plan to enter this partnership should schedule an appointment with the BGSU biology advisor. You must be in good standing, with at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale. Students with GPAs lower than 2.0 may be considered through the appeal process.
For those that wish to take courses sponsored through BGSU and who do not wish to seek the bachelor’s degree in biology need to complete a pre-registration form and a BGSU undergraduate guest application form will be mailed to them. The pre-registration form may be obtained from the BGSU Transfer Specialist, Lindsay Testerman email@example.com or call 419-372-5479.
The BGSU Advising guide can be used as a guideline to determine the applicability of LCCC courses toward the bachelor of science and bachelor of arts degrees with a major in biology at BGSU.
To apply to the Partnership, follow the steps below:
- Schedule an appointment with the BGSU biology advisor. Contacts details are below.
- Apply one semester before you wish to enroll in BGSU courses.
- After appointment with advisor, complete an online BGSU Transfer Application
- Submit the $45 non-refundable application fee. If you are Pell eligible and need assistance with the application fee, apply for the NACAC Transfer application fee waiver.
- Once the application and all required documents are in, an admission decision will be made in approximately two weeks. Review the “BGSU Admitted Student Checklist” for more details.
- It’s recommended you sign up for a virtual transfer onboarding session through Slate to learn more about resources and support services.
Registration and Scheduling Information
For further information on the cohort model, students can schedule an appointment by calling 419-372-8527.
For information on the degree in biological sciences, please contact:
Dr. George S. Bullerjahn
Life Sciences 516
Bowling Green State University
Tuition and Fee Schedule
All fees are subject to change, please consult the Bowling Green State University Bursar’s webpage and view the current Tuition and Fee Brochure.