WGU Ohio Logo  
WGU’s curriculum structure is competency-based, allowing you to apply your existing knowledge and skills to your education. Students transferring from a U.S. community college can expect a comprehensive transfer policy. WGU, in cooperation with the Ohio Association of Community Colleges (OACC), is proud to offer special benefits for OACC member college graduates and employees including eligibility for the WGU Ohio Community College Scholarship.


WGU Grants, Scholarships and Loans

WGU Ohio is pleased to report that students transferring from an Ohio community college to WGU are now eligible to apply for the following Ohio grants, scholarships, and loans in addition to Federal grants and scholarships:

  1. The Ohio College Opportunity Grant (OCOG)
  2. The Ohio Nurse Education Assistance Loan Program (NEALP)
  3. The Ohio War Orphans Scholarship
    • Eligible individuals include full-time undergraduate students pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree who are the sons or daughters of a deceased or severely disabled Ohio veteran who served in the United States armed forces during a period of declared war or conflict.

Learn more about WGU Ohio Student Eligibility for state support.  This state support is in addition to longstanding Federal Aid.

Graduates of LCCC are eligible for a 5% tuition discount off the low $3,225 per 6-month term. Graduates of LCCC are eligible to apply for exclusive scholarships for up to $2,000.  View other WGU scholarships.


WGU Transfer Pathways  

Through the partnership program, you will benefit greatly from previous college education credits.  You will also benefit from WGU’s competency-based approach to education by utilizing your prior knowledge and skills throughout the duration of your program.  WGU offers clear Transfer Pathways with LCCC.  An enrollment counselor will guide you to a plan of study that best meets your needs.

Curriculum Pathways – Business, Teacher College, Health Professions & Information Technology

Admission Requirements 

Application Procedures:

  • Review the Enrollment Checklist 
  • Apply online as a transfer student
  • Graduates of LCCC may use the code FR28 to waive the $65 application fee.
  • Request all college and university that you have attended to send official transcripts directly to WGU.
    • Western Governors University
      Attn: Transcripts Department
      4001 South 700 East, Suite 300
      Salt Lake City, UT 84107-2533
  • Once your materials are in, check your email for an admissions decision.
  • Be sure to register for the transfer orientation after you are admitted.


How do I know if I am in the University Partnership?  

How do I know if I am in the University Partnership?

  • You are following the UP Curriculum Pathway from the associate to the bachelor’s degree.
    • For 2:2 degrees, you have been admitted to the partner institution and have registered for your first classes the upcoming semester, 3rd year of partner classes.  The first day of the 3rd year class, you are officially a UP student.
    • For 3:1 degrees, you are a UP student if you are registered for the 3rd year in either bridgework LCCC classes or UP partner classes. You may not be necessarily admitted with the UP partner just yet.  The first day of the 3rd year of UP or LCCC bridgework class, you are officially a UP student.
  • UP Office will use the email address your partner institution shares with us, which is once a semester, to email out a reminder to you about the UP program supports and services.
  • If you are unsure if you are in the UP, you are welcome to email or call the UP Office to verify your status.

How do I show proof I am a UP student to receive benefits and supports offered at LCCC

  • Go to the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of the LCCC Bass Library  (440) 366-4026.
  • Show your class registration for UP classes with the partner institution or LCCC bridgework classes.
  • Bass Library staff will place a color coded sticker on the back of your LCCC or partner institution ID card.  If you have no LCCC or UP ID card, a UP ID card will be issued to you.
  • You will need to get a new sticker (date specific) each semester that you are registered for UP partner classes.
  • An ID card is not required but would be needed if you are seeking benefits and supports at LCCC while in the partnership.
  • Supports and services are for Elyria Campus and the Learning Centers (Community Learning  Center at Lorain High School, Lorain Learning Center at City Center, LCCC Wellington Center, and University Partnership Ridge Campus).


Webinar and Transfer Information

WGU is offering the webinar “Transferring is Easy” twice a month.   Students can sign using the link provided in the title.

If you need immediate transfer information use the link in the title.  The information is updated twice a year.

Primary contact
Krista Spencer
Strategic Partnerships Manager
Western Governors University, Ohio
Cell Phone – (513) 592-1633

Secondary Contact
Molly Anders
Program Mentor
Western Governors University – Ohio


Degrees Offered

WGU College of Business

To learn more about a specific program visit WGU’s webpages through the links below.




WGU Teacher College

To learn more about a specific program visit WGU’s webpages through the links below.

Bachelor of Arts


Graduate Programs for Licensed Teachers

Graduate Programs Leading to Licensure


WGU College of Health Professions

To learn more about a specific program visit WGU’s webpages through the links below.

Bachelor of Science



WGU College of Information Technology

 To learn more about a specific program visit WGU’s webpages through the links below.

Bachelor of Science