Graduate Certificate in Health Care Management
The Graduate Certificate in Health Care Management is a collaborative program between the College of Health and Human Services and the Williamson College of Business Administration. The program accommodates students from health and human service professions who require the skills and abilities for supervisory/managerial positions or who desire competence in health promotion. After completing an academic core of coursework, students may concentrate in either health promotion or administration for health and human service professions.
Youngstown State University Website – Certificate in Healthcare Management
Admission Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Health Care Management
A bachelor’s degree is required for this certificate. Applications should be processed through the School of Graduate Studies. Courses can be applied to the Master of Health and Human Services degree. To take classes for the Certificate, students must apply and be accepted into the MHHS program.
Submit transcripts to:
Youngstown State University
Attn: Office of Admissions
One University Plaza
Youngstown, OH 44555
How do I know if I am in the University Partnership?
- You are following the UP Curriculum Pathway from the associate to the bachelor’s degree.
- For 2:2 degrees, you have been admitted to the partner institution and have registered for your first classes the upcoming semester, 3rd year of partner classes. The first day of the 3rd year class, you are officially a UP student.
- For 3:1 degrees, you are a UP student if you are registered for the 3rd year in either bridgework LCCC classes or UP partner classes. You may not be necessarily admitted with the UP partner just yet. The first day of the 3rd year of UP or LCCC bridgework class, you are officially a UP student.
- UP Office will use the email address your partner institution shares with us, which is once a semester, to email out a reminder to you about the UP program supports and services.
- If you are unsure if you are in the UP, you are welcome to email or call the UP Office to verify your status.
- (440) 366-4949
How do I show proof I am a UP student to receive benefits and supports offered at LCCC
- Go to the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of the LCCC Bass Library (440) 366-4026.
- Show your class registration for UP classes with the partner institution or LCCC bridgework classes.
- Bass Library staff will place a color coded sticker on the back of your LCCC or partner institution ID card. If you have no LCCC or UP ID card, a UP ID card will be issued to you.
- You will need to get a new sticker (date specific) each semester that you are registered for UP partner classes.
- An ID card is not required but would be needed if you are seeking benefits and supports at LCCC while in the partnership.
- Supports and services are for Elyria Campus and the Learning Centers (Community Learning Center at Lorain High School, Lorain Learning Center at City Center, LCCC Wellington Center, and University Partnership Ridge Campus).
For More Information
Dr. Ronald Chordas
Graduate Program Director
See the Youngstown State University Academic Calendar for important academic dates and deadlines.