How do I schedule an appointment with a UP program advisor?UPClassroomClose252

All university advisors have their own procedures for scheduling meetings with students. Contact the University Partnership office at 440-366-4949 and you will be directed to the appropriate advisor.

How do I request a copy of my transcript?

If you need a copy of your transcript from one of the partner universities, you will need to request this from the main campus Registrar’s Office. If you need an official LCCC transcript, you can request one in the LCCC Enrollment Services department, located in the Bass Library or online at Request Transcript .  If you need unofficial transcripts for University Partnership program advising, please stop at the UP office in UC 104, you will need to complete a Transcript Release Form for us to provide your transcript to the partner advisor.

How are classes offered?

The university classes are offered through a variety of delivery modes, face to face, Interactive Distance Learning and web based.  Your partnership advisor can help identify the delivery mode when you register for classes.

What is a Transient Student?

Transient Students may take one or more courses at another institution while admitted to their home institution. A transient form allows you to receive credit from the transient institution, and the credit is accepted by your home institution.

Transient Student Information

What is a Consortium Agreement?

A Consortium Agreement is an agreement between eligible institutions which enables you to receive financial aid while visiting another institution. Coursework taken under a consortium agreement must be accepted as part of your degree program at the institution where you are receiving your degree. If you need to complete this form, please use the links below for Consortium Agreement forms:

Bowling Green State University

Cleveland State University

Hiram College

Kent State University

The University of Akron

The University of Toledo

Youngstown State University

How do I know if my class has been canceled due to Severe Weather?

When severe weather strikes the area, the decision to close the LCCC campus for daytime classes will be made by 6 am and by 3 pm for evening classes. If the LCCC campus is closed due to severe weather, ALL UP classes will be canceled. If the main campus of a partner university is closed and LCCC remains open, the UP classes will be closed. For the LCCC and partner university closings, listen to your local radio or television station, or check your institution’s web site. LCCC provides alerts during severe weather on the LCCC home page.

Now you can sign up to get emergency messages from LCCC sent directly to your mobile phone or email by downloading the LiveSafe mobile app.

Learn more about LiveSafe


What if I do not know which program is best suited by my educational background or career goals?

Academic advisors in Enrollment Services can assist you in general coursework evaluation and advising by comparing LCCC and UP programs.

Where do I pay my partner university’s tuition bill?

All tuition billing will come from the partner university along with methods of payment. The University Partnership office is unable to accept any payments.  Current partner university Tuition Rates.


Will my diploma indicate that I graduated from the University Partnership at Lorain County Community College?

No, your diploma will be issued by the partner university indicating the degree conferred upon you. If you choose to march in the LCCC Commencement Ceremony, you will be presented with a Certificate of Participation from the University Partnership at Lorain County Community College.