Lake Erie College proudly introduces a new graduate program and the first of its kind in Ohio, the Master of Professional Studies. The program enables graduates to expand their horizons and assume progressively more responsibility in their organization.
With three primary components consisting of skills-based concentration courses, an interdisciplinary set of core courses, and choice electives, MPS graduates will demonstrate proficiency in the professional skills needed to participate and lead within their organizations.
Classes are small and are taught by qualified faculty with substantial business and life experience as well as advanced academic credentials.
All students must complete 11 courses: seven core courses and four electives for a total of 33 credit hours.
First Class Free for LCCC Employees
LCCC employees are eligible to take one maser’s level course at no cost from Lake Erie College’s School of Business, a $2,190 value. This allows employees to experience firsthand the quality of a Lake Erie College advanced business education without risk or cost.
Employees can choose to take either a course in Leadership or Organizational Behavior, both taught online, earning 3 credits that can be applied to either a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Professional Studies (MPS) degree. Click this link to view the flyer.
Questions? Contact Bridget Conway (440) 375-7144 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Master of Professional Students
Online MPS students will follow a determined curriculum path, utilize our easy-to-use online platform and will take up to two courses per term (fall, spring, summer) with a completion time of only two years.
All graduates of the Lake Erie College MPS program are able to utilize the full services of the Lake Erie College Office of Career Development.
- Access to the Lake Erie College alumni networking group, the Tiberius Network
- Resume and career search assistance
- Alumni Networking Events
Organizational Behavior Management Concentration
Students will increase their team building abilities by developing a keen understanding of organizational behavior and improve their ability to build teams and manage conflict. Students will learn to create and shape inclusive organizational culture by learning how to focus on employees and work outcomes. Students will better understand the virtual workplace because they will learn that organizational behavior proposes that incentives are motivational factors that are crucial for employees to perform well. Organizational behavior changes the way people make decisions. Businesses that can encourage risks in decision making within the company culture can enhance innovation, creativity and output. In the MPS program students will understand the psychology and sociology of an organization, the study of business administration, and empirical research on organizational phenomena.
The Communication Concentration
Students will acquire specific communication skills. They will gain an expertise in interpersonal communication and relationship building, negotiation strategy, integrated marketing communication and crisis communication. Students will enhance their research and presentation skills. Students will understand consumer analysis, psychographic and demographic segmentation. Students will learn to build their brand in a virtual environment and hone their virtual networking and presentation skills. Students will improve their writing and presenting effectiveness across multiple audiences. They will be able to gain a social media following as an influencer in their industry, facilitate and lead professional seminars, publish articles or op-ed pieces in major industry publications and gain an ability to write for both professional and lay audiences effectively.
Individually Designed Concentration
Students and build their own concentration taking the seven core courses and choosing electives to round out their career focus.
An individual’s development does not end when he or she earns an MPS.
- All graduates of the Lake Erie College MPS program are automatically eligible to take additional courses for the rest of their life.
- There is no cost to the graduate or to their employer.
- Registration is on a non-credit basis and is subject to space availability in scheduled courses.
Admission to the MPS program is determined based on demonstrated professionalism, intellectual capability for successful completion of the program and the potential for leadership. Students may be admitted and begin the MPS program during the summer, fall or spring semester.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater.
- Submission of official undergraduate transcripts and graduate work completed (sent directly to admissions from degree granting institution).
- Complete MPS application.
- Submission of current resume outlining work experience and education that has prepared the candidate to begin the MPS program.
- A personal statement of up to 500 words (topics found online with application).
To apply to the Lake Erie College MBA Partnership, follow the steps below:
- Complete an online graduate application.
- Request all colleges and universities which conferred your bachelor’s degree and any graduate work to date to send an official transcript directly to Lake Erie College.
- Submit a copy of your resume and personal statement
- The GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) may be required at the discretion of the Dean of the School of Business. Students who have taken the GMAT should have all scores forwarded to the Admissions Office.
- Once all documents are received, Lake Erie College Admissions will process your application and you will receive an acceptance decision within two weeks.
Tuition and Fees
Lake Erie College graduate tuition rates for each academic year are available at Lake Erie College Graduate Studies.
Contact Lake Erie College
Bridget Conway, MBA & MPS Program Associate