Master of Health and Human Services – Online
The Master of Health and Human Services and Certificate in Health Care Management programs accommodate students from health and human service professions who require the skills and abilities for supervisory/managerial positions or who desire competence in health promotion. After completing the academic core of coursework, students may concentrate on either health promotion or administration for health and human service professions.
Youngstown State University Website – Master of Health and Human Services
Curriculum Pathway – Master of Health and Human Services
In addition to the minimum School of Graduate Studies admission requirement, applicants must complete the following:
- Undergraduate courses in methodology, statistics, Accounting 2602, and Management 3725 or equivalent (LCCC’s ACTG 151 & BADM 251).
- Prerequisite graduate classes MGMT 6900 and ACCT 6900 can be used in place of the accounting and management undergraduate courses. Deficiencies in any of these courses must be eliminated before completing the second semester of graduate work.
- Along with the YSU Graduate Application, students must submit three letters of reference: one from a faculty member, one from an employer, one from another source, or two from faculty members and one from another source.
- Regular admission requires an unrecalculated cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and submission of a satisfactory GRE (general test) score only by request of the Academic Advisory Committee. Students seeking provisional admission must follow the requirements listed in the Graduate Bulletin under “Provisional Admissions.”
- Complete an online graduate application.
- When selecting your degree, make sure the degree linked to the campus is LCCC/or Lorain
- Submit the application fee.
- Request all colleges and universities you have attended to send official transcripts directly to YSU.
- In certain master’s programs, test results must be submitted as part of the admission procedure. Check with YSU Graduate Admissions.
- Once your materials are in, check your email for an admission decision.
- Schedule an advising appointment with your assigned YSU graduate advisor.
Submit transcripts to:
Youngstown State University
Attn: Office of Admissions
One University Plaza
Youngstown, OH 44555
How do I know if I am in the University Partnership?
- You are following the UP Curriculum Pathway from the associate to the bachelor’s degree.
- For 2:2 degrees, you have been admitted to the partner institution and have registered for your first classes the upcoming semester, 3rd year of partner classes. The first day of the 3rd year class, you are officially a UP student.
- For 3:1 degrees, you are a UP student if you are registered for the 3rd year in either bridgework LCCC classes or UP partner classes. You may not be necessarily admitted with the UP partner just yet. The first day of the 3rd year of UP or LCCC bridgework class, you are officially a UP student.
- UP Office will use the email address your partner institution shares with us, which is once a semester, to email out a reminder to you about the UP program supports and services.
- If you are unsure if you are in the UP, you are welcome to email or call the UP Office to verify your status.
- (440) 366-4949
How do I show proof I am a UP student to receive benefits and supports offered at LCCC
- Go to the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of the LCCC Bass Library (440) 366-4026.
- Show your class registration for UP classes with the partner institution or LCCC bridgework classes.
- Bass Library staff will place a color coded sticker on the back of your LCCC or partner institution ID card. If you have no LCCC or UP ID card, a UP ID card will be issued to you.
- You will need to get a new sticker (date specific) each semester that you are registered for UP partner classes.
- An ID card is not required but would be needed if you are seeking benefits and supports at LCCC while in the partnership.
- Supports and services are for Elyria Campus and the Learning Centers (Community Learning Center at Lorain High School, Lorain Learning Center at City Center, LCCC Wellington Center, and University Partnership Ridge Campus).
For More Information
Dr. Daniel Van Dussen
Graduate Program Director, Associate Professor
See the Youngstown State University Academic Calendar for important academic dates and deadlines.