The Master of Health and Human Services and Certificate in Health Care Management programs accommodate students from health and human service professions who require the skills and abilities for supervisory/managerial positions or who desire competence in health promotion. After completing the academic core of coursework, students may concentrate on either health promotion or administration for health and human service professions.
In addition to the minimum School of Graduate Studies admission requirement, applicants must complete the following:
- Undergraduate courses in methodology, statistics, Accounting 2602, and Management 3725 or equivalent (LCCC’s ACTG 151 & BADM 251).
- Prerequisite graduate classes MGMT 6900 and ACCT 6900 can be used in place of the accounting and management undergraduate courses. Deficiencies in any of these courses must be eliminated before completing the second semester of graduate work.
- Along with the YSU Graduate Application, students must submit three letters of reference: one from a faculty member, one from an employer, one from another source, or two from faculty members and one from another source.
- Regular admission requires an unrecalculated cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and submission of a satisfactory GRE (general test) score only by request of the Academic Advisory Committee. Students seeking provisional admission must follow the requirements listed in the Graduate Bulletin under “Provisional Admissions.”
- Complete an online graduate application.
- When selecting your degree, make sure the degree linked to the campus is LCCC/or Lorain
- Submit the application fee.
- Request all colleges and universities you have attended to send official transcripts directly to YSU.
- In certain master’s programs, test results must be submitted as part of the admission procedure. Check with YSU Graduate Admissions.
- Once your materials are in, check your email for an admission decision.
- Schedule an advising appointment with your assigned YSU graduate advisor.
Submit transcripts to:
Youngstown State University
Attn: Office of Admissions
One University Plaza
Youngstown, OH 44555
For More Information
See the Youngstown State University Academic Calendar for important academic dates and deadlines.