The 39 semester hour accredited program offers qualified Bachelor of Social Work graduates the option to complete the requirements for the MSW in 3 semesters. Applicants must meet the admissions requirements described below
The 60 semester hour CSWE accredited MSW program includes theoretical and applied courses in social work and internship engagements under the supervision of professional social workers in regional social service agencies. The program emphasizes advanced social work practice with individuals and families, the client strengths perspective, and social services leadership.
Courses for both formats are available at the Lorain County Community College University Center on Saturdays and online to accommodate employed students.
Admission Requirements (39 hours)
- Possess a Bachelor of Social Work degree from a CSWE accredited program within six years prior to enrollment;
- Have achieved a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in all undergraduate coursework;
- Have achieved A’s and B’s in all of the following courses or their equivalent: Human Behavior and the Social Environment 1&2, Social Work Methods with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations and Communities, Research Methods, Field Work and associated integrated courses;
Admission Requirements (60 hours)
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in a social science from an accredited college or university
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above in all undergraduate coursework
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional Statement
For More Information