If you have ever dreamed of managing a small business or starting one of your own, here’s the degree you’ve been waiting for — the all new Bachelor of Science in Commerce (BSC).
The first BSC major, Small Business Management, lets you pursue an in-depth examination of small businesses built on a foundation of courses in traditional business areas such as accounting, management and marketing.
The Bachelor of Science in Commerce degree is designed to accommodate students straight out of high school, adult learners or transfer students, associate degree holders in business or other majors, and military veterans.
Program Admission Requirements
Students entering this program must meet all Miami University admission requirements.
Admission is based on your grade point average (on a 4.0 scale), including courses which have been repeated. Transfer students are required to have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA at their previous institution(s) or have been out of college for at least two years.
If you do not meet these requirements, please contact our Admission Counselors for further information.
Miami University Hamilton: 513-785-3111
Miami University Middletown: 513-727-3216
To graduate with the Bachelor of Science in Commerce, Small Business Management, students must also meet Miami’s general requirements for graduation, including a minimum of 30 credit hours taken at Miami, 12 of the last 30 credit hours taken at Miami, and a 2.00 cumulative grade point average upon graduation.
- Lorain County Community College Associate in Applied Business in Accounting
- Lorain County Community College Associate of Applied Business in Entrepreneurship
- Lorain County Community College Associate of Applied Business in Human Resource Management
- Lorain County Community College Associate of Applied Business in Management
- Lorain County Community College Associate in Applied Business in Marketing
Transfer Application Checklist
- Complete the Application for Admission.
- Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee.
Note: Application Fees are waived for students who have previously attended Cincinnati State Community College, Columbus State Community College, or Sinclair Community College. Miami also grants fee waivers to U.S. Veterans and Military Personnel. Applicants may select these options when filling out the application.
- Submit official college transcripts from all previous institutions.
- Submit official high school transcript or GED test scores.
Note: Official transcripts must be sent directly from the granting institution or state Department of Education. If you tested in Ohio, you may visit the Ohio Department of Education for further information.
Miami University: Dan Carroll (email@example.com) – Chief Department Advisor
Ted Light (firstname.lastname@example.org)- Department Chair
Schedule an Advising Appointment