Bachelor of Science in Commerce, Small Business Management (3 + 1 degree)

If you have ever dreamed of managing a small business or starting one of your own, here’s the degree you’ve been waiting for — the all new Bachelor of Science in Commerce (BSC).  

The first BSC major, Small Business Management, lets you pursue an in-depth examination of small businesses built on a foundation of courses in traditional business areas such as accounting, management and marketing.   The Bachelor of Science in Commerce degree is designed to accommodate students straight out of high school, adult learners or transfer students, associate degree holders in business or other majors, and military veterans.

To graduate with the Bachelor of Science in Commerce, Small Business Management, students must also meet Miami’s general requirements for graduation, including a minimum of 30 credit hours taken at Miami, 12 of the last 30 credit hours taken at Miami, and a 2.00 cumulative grade point average upon graduation.


Parallel LCCC Programs



Admission Requirements

  • Transfer students can apply at any time, but it is recommended that you apply within one to two semesters prior to your intended start date. Please work with your LCCC advisor to ensure you are meeting any transfer requirements, including Ohio Transfer Module requirements and LCCC graduation requirements.
  • If you are a graduating high school senior who has earned CCP credits, you will apply to Miami University Regionals as a new student (non-transfer). These students should apply via our Online Admission Application and pay the $35 application fee. If the application fee would cause hardship, please send a fee waiver request to
  • Miami University accepts post-secondary college credit from regionally accredited institutions. Only coursework that is transcribed on an institution’s official transcript issued by the institution’s registrar’s office or similar authorizing designee and sent directly from the transcripting institution to Miami University will be eligible for transfer credit consideration. For questions about Miami University transfer credit policies, please visit our online bulletin. 
  • Transfer students applying to Miami University Regionals are required to have at least a 2.0 gpa and be in “good standing” at their prior colleges or universities. 
  • A high school transcript is required for admission if the transfer student has not earned 20 college credit hours or more from their previous institutions.
  • ACT and SAT scores are not required for transfer student admission.
  • Students must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA, or have been out of college at least two years, in order to be considered for admission. If you do not meet these qualifications, please con­tact the Office of Admission to petition for special admission consideration by emailing

Admission Procedures

To apply to the Partnership, follow the steps below:

  1. Review the Transfer Application Checklist
  2. Complete the online regional transfer application
  3. Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee*. Application fee waivers are provided during our campus visit opportunities. Attend one of our virtual campus events and attendees are given a fee waiver code to use at the time of application. If not available, all Pell eligible students can apply for the NACAC Transfer Application fee waiver.  See note below*
  4. Request all colleges and universities to send an official transcript directly to Miami University.
  5. Once your materials are in, check your email for an admission decision.
  6. You will then schedule an advising appointment with your assigned Miami University academic advisor.
  7. Once admitted, make sure to complete all of the steps in the Miami New Student Checklist, including the SOAR Student Orientation, which students complete via the Miami Canvas module.

Note: Application Fees are waived for students who have previously attended Cincinnati State Community College, Columbus State Community College, or Sinclair Community College. Miami also grants fee waivers to U.S. Veterans and Military Personnel. Applicants may select these options when filling out the application.


For More Information

Schedule an Advising Appointment

Kelley Harris  

Dan Carroll – Chief Department Advisor

Ted Light– Department Chair

Tuition Information

Regional Undergraduate Tuition