If you have ever dreamed of managing a small business or starting one of your own, here’s the degree you’ve been waiting for — the all new Bachelor of Science in Commerce (BSC).
The first BSC major, Small Business Management, lets you pursue an in-depth examination of small businesses built on a foundation of courses in traditional business areas such as accounting, management and marketing.
The Bachelor of Science in Commerce degree is designed to accommodate students straight out of high school, adult learners or transfer students, associate degree holders in business or other majors, and military veterans.
Program Admission Requirements
Students entering this program must meet all Miami University admission requirements.
Admission is based on your grade point average (on a 4.0 scale), including courses which have been repeated. Transfer students are required to have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA at their previous institution(s) or have been out of college for at least two years.
If you do not meet these requirements, please contact our Admission Counselors for further information.
Miami University Hamilton: 513-785-3111
Miami University Middletown: 513-727-3216
To graduate with the Bachelor of Science in Commerce, Small Business Management, students must also meet Miami’s general requirements for graduation, including a minimum of 30 credit hours taken at Miami, 12 of the last 30 credit hours taken at Miami, and a 2.00 cumulative grade point average upon graduation.
- Lorain County Community College Associate in Applied Business in Accounting
- Lorain County Community College Associate of Applied Business in Entrepreneurship
- Lorain County Community College Associate of Applied Business in Human Resource Management
- Lorain County Community College Associate of Applied Business in Management
- Lorain County Community College Associate in Applied Business in Marketing
To apply to the Partnership, follow the steps below:
- Review the Transfer Application Checklist
- Complete the online regional transfer application
- Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee*. Application fee waivers are provided during our campus visit opportunities. Attend one of our virtual campus events and attendees are given a fee waiver code to use at the time of application. If not available, all Pell eligible students can apply for the NACAC Transfer Application fee waiver. See note below*
- Request all colleges and universities to send an official transcript directly to Miami University.
- Once your materials are in, check your email for an admission decision.
- You will then schedule an advising appointment with your assigned Miami University academic advisor.
*Note: Application Fees are waived for students who have previously attended Cincinnati State Community College, Columbus State Community College, or Sinclair Community College. Miami also grants fee waivers to U.S. Veterans and Military Personnel. Applicants may select these options when filling out the application.
Miami University: Dan Carroll (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Chief Department Advisor
Ted Light (email@example.com)- Department Chair
Schedule an Advising Appointment