Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
After hours availability by appointment; call 440-366-7378 to schedule
Webex (virtual) meetings are available, if preferred.
To connect with the LCCC Veterans Team or a School Certifying Official, please complete the intake survey linked below and a staff member will be in touch as soon as possible.
Students may also reach the office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and can expect a response within 1-2 business days. Additionally, we are ready to serve you on a walk-in basis when available in CC202.
At LCCC, we are committed to serving veterans, active duty personnel, reservists, National Guard and their family members, as they begin life’s next mission. The Veterans Services Center acts as a liaison with Veterans Administration to certify enrollment for students utilizing G.I. Bill or Vocational Rehabilitation benefits. We can also assist you with the resources needed to remove any barriers to your academic, career and life goals.
LCCC takes pride in having services specific to military-connected students. We will not only ensure you have a smooth transition but will make sure that you have the necessary support and resources to accomplish your educational goals. Our office will also assist you with getting connected to campus and community resources.
Welcome to LCCC and thank you for your service!
- Apply for admission to LCCC
- Apply for and/or transfer VA Education Benefits from another school or university to LCCC
- Request official transcripts to be sent to LCCC (High School, GED, College, and Military)ATTN: Transfer Center
1005 N. Abbe Rd
Elyria, OH 44035
Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard transcripts
Air Force transcripts
- Apply for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Students using VA/DoD education benefits are still able to receive financial aid. These additional funds can help pay for any tuition, fees, books and supplies not covered by your VA benefits.
- Take the Accuplacer Assessment Test
You will need to take the Accuplacer Assessment before scheduling classes. The Accuplacer Assessment will identify your placement into English and Math courses.
- Create a MyCampus Account
MyCampus is the online tool LCCC students use to register for classes, access student emails and much more
- Complete the New Student Orientation and Welcome Survey
Students are required to complete our Welcome Survey as part of the new student process. The Welcome Survey helps LCCC to identify resources, services and opportunities that align with your goals. You can complete the survey and orientation through your MyCampus account.
- Register for Classes
You can register through your MyCampus account or at Enrollment Services. (You may only register for classes that apply directly to your degree program)
- Complete your Online Certification Request: You must complete a Certification Request every semester in order to receive VA funding.
- Connect with a Veterans School Certifying Official. This will prompt our Certifying Officials to process your education benefits and to connect with you on any remaining items or steps.
- Purchase Books: Be sure to ask about our Veteran Book Borrowing Program!
- Start Your Classes!
Local Community Colleges Ease the Transition from Military to Workforce
Northeast Ohio post-secondary education institutions highlight ways they are taking an active role in helping veterans plan and execute their futures.
For more information about your education, benefits, community resources and other external services please contact our office at email@example.com or (440) 366-7378.
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site.